This article explains how to add historical grades for course grades that were earned by students in a prior year, as well as grades that were earned in the current year at a different school. You may need to add historical grades when a student transfers into the school or when a student earns grades at another school while also enrolled in your school. Historical grades will be included on the student transcript.
In order to enter historical grades for a prior academic year, the academic year and summary grading periods need to exist. Additionally, prior to entering historical grades you may need to:
- Create a grading scale if the grading scale letter grades, percentages, GPA values, or point values for the student’s grades are different from your school grading scale(s).
- Create special grade codes if they will be needed and don’t already exist at your school. Examples of some special grade codes are Pass, Fail, and Audit.
Enter Historical Grades
- Go to Admin Main > Grade Reporting > Historical Grades > Enter Historical Grades
- Select Year Taken
- Set Grade Level When Taken
- Select the Grading Scale to be referenced for the historical grades
- Choose Credits Transferred from Another School, if credits were earned at another school
- Select Not Report to State to exclude the grades from state reporting
- Select Reported to State to include the grades in state reporting
- For public schools using SchoolInsight state reporting:
- Select an Existing course
- Search for and select a course from the course catalog
- Select Course not in catalog
- Enter course Description, Course Number, Subject Area, Credits, Counts for GPA, Weighted