If your subscription includes the Scheduling module, cycle days must be defined for the current academic year in order to support the school’s schedule. Cycle days reflect whether students have the same class schedule each day or if their schedules alternate depending on the day. Regular cycle days are created to accommodate the school’s typical schedule throughout the year, and non-regular cycle days can be created for school days with alternate schedules, such as partial school days.
This article covers how to set up cycle days. For information on how to add additional cycle days, click here.
To set up cycle days:
- Go to Admin Main > Scheduling > Cycle Days
- Create Cycle Days
- Select the appropriate scheduling setup based on your school’s schedule
- If students have the same class schedule everyday, select Every day has the same schedule. One Monday through Friday (M-F) cycle day will be created.
- If students have a different class schedule each day, select Each day of the week has its own schedule. A cycle day will be created for each school day.
- If students have a different class schedule depending on a sequence of days, select The schedule rotates through a sequence of days and input the number of days in the cycle. A cycle day will be created for each day in the sequence.
Once cycle days are created, they need to be assigned to calendar days.