Manual journal entries are created directly in the General Journal, often to correct previous mistakes or transfer money between accounts. Often, auditors will want to see a report of these adjustments separated out from other transactions.
To run a report of all manually created journal entries:
- Go to Financials Main > General Ledger > Transactions Report
- Set your time frame and Apply
- Filter the Workflow column to only display “Other”
- Filter the Type column to only display “Journal Entry,” “EFT,” or “Check”
- Add the Memo column to display any notes that were entered describing the purpose/context of the journal entry