Employees with access to the Employee Portal can submit purchase order (PO) requests if they want the district to purchase something, or if they want to request reimbursement for funds already spent.
Each PO request will be passed through an approval process until it is either authorized, rejected, or returned to draft so you can make changes.
Submit a Purchase Order Request
To submit a PO for approval:
- Go to the Employee Self-Service Portal > My Purchase Orders > Create
- Edit the PO Number if necessary
- Indicate how payment should be issued
- Choose a Vendor, i.e. the company from which the items should be purchased
- Enter as much information about the Vendor Contact, Responsibility Center, Ship To address, etc. as you can (the bookkeeper will be able to edit these details later)
- Use the blue plus sign to add Line Items
- Choose an existing AP item, or enter a description of the product that you want the district to purchase.
- Enter a total dollar Amount, or enter the Quantity/Unit of Measure/Unit Price to calculate the total dollar Amount
All saved POs are visible to Financials Users, even in draft form, but you must submit for approval in order for anyone to receive a notification.
Wait for Approval
After submitting the PO for approval, each approver has the option to accept the PO, reject the PO, or return the PO back to draft form along with a message about what changes are needed. You will receive an email whenever one of the approvers takes an action on your PO.
If the PO is accepted or rejected, it will remain on your list of My Purchase Orders. You can select the PO to view any internal comments that were added, but you will not be able to make any edits.
If the PO is sent back to draft form, you should edit and make changes according to the feedback left in the internal comments. Then click Save & Submit For Approval again to send it back up the approval chain.
If your PO request has been sitting idle for a while with no action, you can send the next approver a reminder by clicking the Remind button on the My Purchase Orders page. This sends an automated email to the next approver.