ACH prenote files can be used to verify the validity of your district’s ACH information and every employee’s direct deposit accounts. The file uses special codes and zero-dollar amounts to indicate to the bank that no money should be deposited. If the bank returns any errors, you can correct the problems before your real paychecks are due to deposit.
To generate a prenote file:
- Go to Financials Main > Payroll > Employee Direct Deposit Accounts
- Generate ACH Validation File
- Select the Financial Institution Account from which money bank pays employees
- Check employees to validate their direct deposit accounts
- Upload the file to your bank’s ACH portal and wait for a response