A work calendar defines when an employee is expected to work and impacts that employee’s attendance and docked pay when necessary. Every district will need at least a couple of work calendars, to distinguish year-long positions (e.g. superintendent) from school-year employees (e.g. teachers).
Work calendars are assigned to positions rather than employees. This means that a single employee may have multiple positions, each with a different work calendar. Additionally, if two employees share the same position type, they may each still be on different work calendars.
To create a work calendar:
- Go to Financials Main > Human Resources > Work Calendars
- Enter a descriptive Title, a Start Date, and an End Date
The dates in between the start and end are configured to automatically count all Mondays through Fridays as work days, except for certain pre-coded holidays.
Click Dates then edit each month to make sure the work days and non-work days are configured correctly.
To assign positions to a work calendar:
- Go to Financials Main > Human Resources > Mass Edit Employee Positions
- Select a Work Calendar to apply
- Check each employee/position that should use this work calendar
- Tip: You can use the filters in each column to narrow down the list of employees/positions displayed.