Many employees may prefer to be paid via direct deposit instead of receiving a physical check. SchoolInsight Financials will generate an ACH file from payroll that you can submit to your bank to automatically process these direct deposits.
There are two sides to setting up ACH processing:
District ACH options
The district’s bank account details are necessary to generate an ACH file because they describe which bank account will send money. The details for this bank account are a little more involved than the typical routing and account numbers. The tooltips on the Payroll Options page describe what information is required in each field.
To enter district ACH options:
- Go to Financials Main > Payroll > Payroll Options
- Fill out the ACH Paycheck Options section, using details of the bank account from which paychecks are drawn
Employee direct deposit accounts
In order to receive money via ACH payment, each employee who receives direct deposit needs at least one bank account in SchoolInsight Financials. These details should be entered before creating journal entries for the payroll; updates made after that point will not reflect until the next payroll.
To enter direct deposit information for an employee:
- Go to Financials Main > Payroll > Employee Direct Deposit Accounts
- Click Edit next to an employee’s name
- Choose Allocation Options
- Pay to one bank account will deposit the entire paycheck into a single bank account.
- Split into multiple bank accounts, by amount allows you to specify that a dollar amount that will be deposited into each bank account. One account must be designated to receive all pay beyond specified amounts.
- Split into multiple bank accounts, by percentage will have you designate each bank account to receive a specific percentage of pay. The percentages must add up to 100%.
To verify that the above information has been entered, submit an ACH prenote file to your bank several days before your direct deposit is due.