On occasion, an employee is paid on a special occasion or per a schedule for an extra duty or a stipend. This is a common practice for paying coaches or tutors.
By default, every district has a District Payroll Item titled Other Wage that uses the amount series algorithm. The amount series item allows you to designate that an employee is only paid on specific dates, and a different amount can be applied to each date.
To add extra duty/stipend wages to an employee position:
- Go to Financials Main > Human Resources > Employees
- Search for the employee
- Choose the Payroll tab
- Add Payroll Item
- Select Position for employees with multiple positions
- Payroll Item: Other Wage (or any other wage item whose algorithm is amount series)
- Check Regular Pay
- Choose the pay period that the stipend or extra duty is paid, and enter the amount paid
- If the employee receives this pay multiple times throughout the fiscal year, use the blue plus sign to add additional rows. A different amount can be added for each period.
- Adjust the Subtotal Types as necessary
The payroll item will be automatically added to any payroll runs that use the selected periods.