When teachers post assignments, they become accessible on the parent and student portals. This allows students to work on and submit online assignments and view attached digital resources.
To view assignments:
- Go to Student Main > Assignments
- The default mode is to display as Task List
- Click the assignment name to view its details
- Change the date to view assignments from other dates
- Click on work on assignments to view and submit work to the teacher
- Mode: All will display all assignments in a single table
- Change the class filter to view assignments from a single or all classes
Some assignments have attached files called digital resources. Depending on the type of the file, you may have different results:
- Online documents: Popup immediately and you can read and complete them online
- Media files: Popup immediately and you can view them online
- Web links: Accessed in a new browser tab outside of TeacherEase
- Downloadable files: Can be opened and saved to any location for easy access
Similarly, when you click on work on assignment, you can expect different system behavior depending on the assignment:
- Online documents: Popup immediately and students complete work in the online editor.
- Downloadable documents: These are downloaded; students save the file and complete work using a word processor.
Note: Students cannot work on an assignment if they have not first viewed required resource(s). They'll receive a popup message reminding them to view the indicated resource(s).