When a student is transferred between classes that use standards-based grading, SchoolInsight copies a history of learning target scores and continues to apply the settings from the grading scale to calculate their overall scores. For instance, if the grading scale determines that only the last five assignments contribute to a given learning target’s score, the gradebook will factor in the first class’s scores until assignments in the new class take precedent.
Transfer Standards-based Scores
To transfer a student:
- Go to Admin Main > Students Single-View
- Search and select the student
- Select the Scheduling or Rosters tab
- In the Scheduling tab, choose the Rosters view
- Select transfer out for the class they are leaving
- Set the exit date by entering Last day in previous class. First day in new class will automatically update.
- Transfer Grades is selected by default
- You can choose to omit standards grades, report card grades, or report card comments if desired
- Select the destination class
Edit Transferred Scores
After a student’s scores are transferred, instructors can view and edit the standards-based score history. This allows the current teacher to have complete discretion over the student’s final grade.
To edit the transferred standards-based scores:
- Go to Instructor Main > Gradebook > Standards-Based Scores
- Select the class the student transferred into
- Select Transfer Grades
- If a student’s scores need to be modified select edit
- Edit or Delete a score that needs adjustment