Students and parents can choose to receive notifications about certain types of activity on the student account. There are three types of notifications:
- Mobile app notifications are sent to a mobile device if the account is logged into the TeacherEase app
- Emails are sent to the email address you use to log in
- News feed items are displayed on the Main page when you log in to TeacherEase
You will always receive news feed and email notifications for emails and announcements sent directly from staff members.
Configuring notification settings
To configure notification settings:
- Go to Parent/Student Main > Miscellaneous > Notification Settings
- Mobile app users go to More > Notification Settings
Both mobile notifications and newsfeed items generate immediately. Email notifications are batched to send once per hour so that they don’t clutter your inbox. However, emails and announcements sent directly by staff are sent immediately.
Low lunch balance notifications are sent whenever a student makes an order that puts their balance at or below the threshold you set. Additional low lunch balance notifications are not sent when a student incurs additional charges within 10 hours of the first transaction that set them below.
Do not send period
This feature allows you to mute notifications overnight. The start time must be a PM time on one day; the end time must be an AM time on the next day. The notifications must be muted for 1 to 12 hours.