When a school or school district has set up a scheduled export to automatically push data to a third party server, SchoolInsight takes data from a specific academic year, based off the parameters set up for the export. This means that the academic year needs to be updated at the beginning of each school year.
To update the academic year on scheduled exports:
- Go to (School District) Admin Main > Import/Export > Scheduled Exports
- Edit each export
- Select the current academic year
- Wait until the next scheduled export or re-run the file immediately by clicking the down arrow and Run Now
If the academic year is already correct on that page, but you still see data from last year, there are several pieces of data to check:
- Confirm the export ran successfully on our side by selecting Last Run under Scheduled Exports. The Date/Time should reflect your most recent run, and the Status should be “Complete.”
- Confirm the last time the third party picked up data off the server. Some vendors only pull new data from the server once per day, so the change might not be reflected in a third-party program yet. You can wait until the next day or contact the vendor if you need the information updated right away.
- For scheduled custom reports, check the year selected on the (School District) Admin Main > Reports > Custom Reports page. If the custom report is not set to “Current Year” then the year will need to be updated at the beginning of each school year.