Bus routes can be set up in SchoolInsight to keep track of how students are bussed to and from school. Each bus route must have bus stops associated in order to indicate where students are picked up in the morning and dropped off in the afternoon.
A bus report can be provided to the bus drivers. The report provides the students name and the bus route information for each student. A custom report can also be generated to include student contact and bus route information.
Setting up a students bus schedule consists of three steps:
Create Bus Route and Bus Stops
To create a bus route and bus stops:
- Go to Admin Main > Bus Routes > Create Bus Route
- Enter a description and optionally a maximum capacity for the Bus Route
- Save and Create Stops
- Enter a description for the Bus Stop
- Optionally, enter Pickup Time, Dropoff Time, and any applicable Notes
Assign Students to Bus Stops
After you have created your Bus Routes with their assigned stops you need to assign students to the designated stop in order to run reports and keep track of students’ locations.
To assign students to a bus stop:
- Go to Admin Main > Student Multi-View
- Mass Edit
- Select a Bus Stop Morning and/or Afternoon stop
- Select applicable students
A Bus Route report, which provides a list of student names and their bus route information, can be found at Admin Main > Reports > Bus Report.
To provide contact information, medical alerts, etc., create a custom report:
- Admin Main > Reports > Custom Reports
- Create a New Report - Query Builder
- In the Report Type tab, check Contacts
- In the Filters tab, create a filter for Bus Route
- In the Data tab, add the fields that should be displayed on the report (e.g. Student Full Name, Morning Bus Stop, Medical Alerts, Contact Phone)