During the academic year, you may receive an additional invoice from Common Goal Systems, billing your district for overages incurred by excess licenses. This article details:
- How to determine the cause of these overages
- How to make changes if there is a mistake
- How to pay the overage charges
Cause of Overage Charges
Before the start of each academic year, schools predict the number of users they will have and purchase an appropriate number of licenses. Every few months, we run scripts that compare the number of active users and modules against what the school paid for. If your school has more active users than licensed, we will send an overage invoice for those extra users.
We understand that the number of users a school has is not always predictable, so you are never charged any late fees, just the regular cost of the additional user.
To help find where the extra users are, check the Usage page:
- Go to (School District) Admin > Misc > Manage Subscription
- Click on Usage
With the Break Down of Usage section, you can see more details about how many users are active at each building. We do not double-charge for duplicate user accounts, so if one person has an account at two buildings in the district, you will see a reduction in the Duplicate Instructors, Admins, and Students line.
Adjust Overage Charges
Because you are billed based on the number of active users, you may be able to reduce your overage charges by deactivating people who have left the school or no longer need login access to SchoolInsight.
See What should I do when I see the message that my number of licenses is exceeded? For instructions on how to make users inactive.
When you are ready to submit payment:
- Print the overage invoice
- If you have made any changes to the number of active users, write the updated numbers used and Totals by hand
- Sign and write the date
- Send the signed invoice with the check (payable to “Common Goal Systems, Inc.”) or purchase order to Common Goal Systems, Inc., P.O. Box 392, Lake Forest, IL 60045.
If you have made adjustments to your active users such that the school no longer owes any overage charges, still send the printed and annotated invoice. You can mail it to the above address, fax it to 630-566-4202, or email it to email@example.com.