In SchoolInsight, admins can create summary grading periods to collect an overall grade from one or more grading periods. Grades from summary grading periods are typically reported as official grades for state reporting or transcript purposes. An example of a summary grading period is a final grading period that averages the grades from quarter 1 through quarter 4.
In order to use summary grading periods, your courses will first need to be able to allow summary grading periods.
To update a single course to allow summary grading periods:
- (School District) Admin Main > Courses > Course - Single View
- Look up the course you wish to edit
- Under the General tab, Grading Periods section and Special GPs subsection, check ‘Has summary grading periods’
To update multiple courses to allow summary grading periods:
- (School District) Admin Main > Courses > Course Catalog
- Mass Edit
- Set the option for Summary grading periods to Yes
- Select all courses that will need to have summary grading periods