This article contains an overview of the process of building report cards in SchoolInsight. Report cards are used to communicate progress to students and parents; they are also required to print transcripts, to calculate GPA, and for state reporting.
Schools typically create new report cards when it first uses the Grade Reporting module in SchoolInsight. Once the report cards are built, admins can copy them to the next academic year.
The following checklist contains links that explain each of the steps necessary to build report cards, get them ready for grade entry, and make them available to parents.
Creating the Report Card:
- Create the report card
- Add grading periods to the report card
- Set the available languages on the report card
- Create a report card item list
- Assign report card item lists to courses
- Configure the appearance of the report card
- Activate report card grading periods
- Confirm that all instructors have entered grades
- Add attendance to the report card
- Calculate GPA
- Print report cards
- Make report cards visible on the student/parent portal
After you have finished setting up your report card for the first academic year, you will be able to roll it over to the next academic year, preserving the same settings for future use.