The summary gradebook feature allows students, parents, and instructors to see a student’s calculated report card grade in real time and at any moment that the gradebook is updated. This article explains how to enable this feature for schools that calculate summary report card grades as an average of weighted grading period grades. For example, if a school uses weighted quarter grades to calculate a semester grade, this option would allow students, parents, and instructors to view that semester grade with the currently entered data. Read more about grading period weights here.
The summary gradebook configuration is parceled with grade reporting options. As such, when grade reporting options are managed at the district level, summary gradebook grades are also configured at the district level. When grade reporting options are managed at the school level, summary gradebook grades are also configured at the school level.
To configure summary gradebook grades at the district
- Go to SD Admin Main > Grade Reporting > Options
- Click edit
- Select Yes to Show Summary Grading Periods to Parents in the General Options
- Select Use current grading period averages in gradebook in the Yearly Options
- Click Save
To configure summary gradebook grades at the school
- Go to Admin Main > Grade Reporting > Options
- Click Edit
- Select Grades are calculated in gradebook
- Select Show summary grading period averages to parents in real time
- Click Save