This article explains how to configure rubric permissions so that either admins or instructors can manage rubrics. When rubrics are managed by admins, they are added to course learning targets and therefore apply to all classes that are created for the course. Otherwise, when rubrics are managed by instructors, they apply only to the individual instructor’s class.
Rubric permissions are aligned with course permissions. As such, when courses are district managed, rubric permissions are also district managed. Additionally, when courses are school managed, then rubric permissions are school managed.
- Go To District Admin Main > Options > School Permissions
- Select the Academic Year
- Click Edit
- View the Rubrics option and select the desired rubric permission
- Click Save
When accessing rubrics permissions at the district level and course permissions are set for courses to be school managed, a message will appear next to the rubrics option to let you know that the rubrics and other yearly course entities are school managed:
When this is the case, you can follow directions to configure rubric permissions at the school level or you can edit the school permissions to allow courses to be managed at the district level.
- Go To School Admin Main > Options > Instructor Permissions
- Click the Edit button
- Select or deselect Can modify rubrics
- Click Save
When course permissions are set for courses to be district managed, a message will appear under the rubrics option to let you know that the rubrics and other yearly course entities are also district managed:
When this is the case, you can follow the directions to configure rubric permissions at the district level or ask a district admin to do so.
A district admin can check to see if courses are managed at the district or school level. Additionally, the district admin can modify the course permission setting.
To view and modify course permissions:
- Go to School District Admin Main > Options > School Permissions
- The Courses option will indicate whether the courses are managed at the district level or at the school level.
- Click Edit to modify course permissions if needed.