Standards-based rubrics allow educators to break down learning targets and define the cognitive steps that students pass through to reach mastery. They provide a framework for feedback, and students can use them to self-assess and have rich conversations with teachers using a shared vocabulary. This understanding leads to better instruction and assessment, especially for students who cannot make great intuitive leaps in understanding. Rubrics help create a path of small steps every student can follow to mastery.
To access rubrics:
- Go to Main > Tools > My Committees
- or SBL Main > Rubrics
- Find an SBL Group’s Rubrics entity and click View
- Click inside the text box next to the rubric score (4,3,2,1)
- Type the expectation
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each rubric score
- Content saves automatically, so just click Back when you have finished
A course must have learning targets assigned before rubrics can be added. Click here to learn more about adding learning targets to courses.