In Illinois, school district admins can setup the direct data upload functionality from SchoolInsight to the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). In order to complete this setup for the first time, the admin should acquire an activation key from the ISBE and enter it into SchoolInsight.
To obtain an ISBE web services activation key:
- Log in to your IWAS account
- Go to Batch Files > Web Services > Generate Key
- Copy the generated key to enter it into SchoolInsight
Once an ISBE activation key is obtained, then the setup in SchoolInsight can be completed.
To set direct upload to the ISBE in SchoolInsight:
- Go to School District Admin Main > Options > ISBE Codes > Edit
- Fill in the activation key
After this setup is complete, the ability to upload data directly to the ISBE will be available whenever an ISBE file is generated in SchoolInsight. For directions about uploading the files to the ISBE, you may read this article How do I submit Illinois State Reports?