This article explains how to use existing standards to create learning targets on a course. Converting standards to learning targets is a good option to use when learning targets are derived from an existing repository of state, district, local, or diocesan standards. This option includes the ability to use existing standards as learning targets verbatim.
Note that the option to add learning targets to courses is available when permissions are configured to allow learning targets to be managed on courses. Click here to learn more about configuring learning target permissions.
To use standards to create learning targets on a course:
- Go to District or School Admin Main > Courses > Course Catalog
- Locate the course to add learning targets to and click learning targets
- Get Started
- Select I will use the State Standards (or national, diocesan, etc.) as learning targets
- Select a Subject Area and/or a Grade Level filter
- Select a standard to add to the course
- Select or deselect the standards in the list that will be added to the course
- Add State Standards as Learning Targets